We help people avoid institutionalization or transition from an institution back into the community.

Information About Moving Back to the Community & Section Q

To get help, call us at 646-442-4156.

Home-based Application Support Services (HASS)

Accepts referrals by HRA of individuals who have been determined to be Home Visit Needed (HVN) to help them prepare and submit an initial or supplemented application for federal disability benefits to the Social Security Administra (SSI and SSDI).

Open Doors Transition Center

The Open Doors Transition Center (formally Money Follows the Person) assists residents of long term care facilities (whether nursing homes or intermediate care facilities) to transition back into the community. Transition specialists work with individuals and their family members or social supports on Community Preparedness Education, to make sure that people have the information and skills to return to the community, to identify barriers and services needed to make a successful transition, and to help find affordable, accessible housing that meets their needs.


See also Long-Term Care.

Translate »