What is CIDNY’s Consumer Action Network (CAN)?
CIDNY’s Action Network is made up of people with disabilities, as well as others who care about justice and equality for people with disabilities. Each of us brings our experience, our strengths and our energy to monthly meetings where we plan activities, learn about disability issues, and practice advocacy skills. Throughout the year, we take action steps to create change, such as:
- Attending public events to find out whether they are accessible.
- Sending email messages and letters to lawmakers asking them to vote for or against bills that matter to people with disabilities.
- Meeting with state and city government officials to explain how their decisions affect our lives.
- Testifying at public speak-outs about health insurance and special education.
- Together we can change how the government, businesses, and others in our community treat people with disabilities.
For more information about CAN or to get on our mailing and phone lists, please contact Monica Bartley, Community Outreach Organizer, 646/442-4152 or email@example.com, or join online.