We are launching our first crowdfunding campaign from May 10-June 10th! Please join us in raising money and awareness to support our Campaign for New Leaders. Together we can cultivate new disability organizers in NYC.
Our goal is to raise $40,000 to fund:
- developing new organizers to work on reducing barriers for people with disabilities
- providing accessible transit and meals for lobby days in Albany
- media training and creating peer videos on transportation, health care, and other advocacy issues
- getting people to rallies and events and supporting our participants in telling their own stories
- building awareness on how independent living centers (ILCs) work for you and your community
We can’t do it without your support! Please donate here. Come back to this page for updates on the campaign, post in the comments, share on social media, and check out our stories. Stay tuned for updates!
Monday, May 14th: We have an anonymous matching donor until midnight! Every dollar you donate today will be worth double.
Monday, May 21st: CAMPAIGN EXTENDED. We haven’t reached our goal yet, so we’re extending our campaign until June 10th. It’s not too late to donate and spread the word.