ADA Compliance by MLTC/FIDA Plans Project
This project sought to improve Health Plan service for people with
disabilities by working with up to six FIDA (Fully Integrated Duals Advantage) Plans
helping them to reduce barriers to care and to increase their compliance with
the ADA. We did this by:
1. Reviewing Plan policies and procedures and key documents to identify gaps that need to be remedied;
2. Suggesting modifications for plan materials to provide notice of rights and procedures for accessing assistance and obtaining reasonable accommodations;
3. Developing training for plan personnel and providers on accessibility and reasonable accommodations based on the ADA and the 3 way contract, and
4. Reviewing methods for determining whether physician and provider practices are accessible and methods for ensuring that enrollees who need this information in order to obtain care have access to it.
The project has also:
5. Identified recommendations and best practices for the State to employ to ensure that physical access to buildings, equipment and services is sufficient, and
6. Developed a webinar for plans and DOH ADA compliance personnel.
If you are interested in using our trainings, please be sure that you
give CIDNY appropriate credit.
Any questions about our report or trainings, please contact Margi Trapani at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Training for Care Managers (Click here)
Problems for Care Managers with Guidance (Click here)
Accessibility Attestation Matrix (Page 1) (Click here)
Accessibility Attestation Matrix (Page 2) (Click here)